UPFUL OFF HEMP
Hemp. Hemp seeds. Hemp lotions. Hemp milk. Hemp is amazing and versatile. Although the name can be misleading for most, it has no THC whatsoever in it to make you high but it is an alkaline, healthy alternative for every and anyone, even babies. As a matter of fact, Dr. Sebi use to feed his youngest hemp milk as a baby rather than formula. Before we get deep into it, let's talk a lil' bit about hemp and where it comes from.
Hemp seeds, or hemp hearts, are the seeds of the hemp plant, or Cannabis sativa. They're the most nutritious seed in the world and highly alkaline! They have the most concentrated balance of proteins, essential fats, vitamins and enzymes without all of that sugar, starch, saturated fats and crap. Hemp belongs to the genus Cannibis sativa and has been cultivated for thousands of years as a source of fiber, edible seeds, edible oil, lubricant, fabric, clothing and fuel.
Raw hemp serves for so many health benefits, including:
- weight loss
- increased and sustained energy (before and after a workout?! sheesh)
- rapid recovery from disease or injury (after that crucial workout)
- lowers cholesterol and blood pressure (have high blood pressure? Mix some in your tea)
- reduced inflammation
- improvement in circulation
- immune system
- natural blood sugar control
Wow, and that's not even all of it! They're also a perfect blend of antioxidants, amino acids, fiber, iron, zinc, chlorophyll, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, copper, potassium, phosphorus, and enzymes.
Plus, can you believe they're a more digestible protein than meat, whole eggs, cheese, human milk, cows milk or any other high protein food. Yeah, all y'all saying how you need eggs, cow's milk, meat, think again!
It doesn't stop there. Hemp also helps with:
- Rapid recovery from disease, radiation treatment, injury, etc.
- Improvement in circulation
Hemp seeds are much better than any energy bar because it gives much energy with no sugar or crash. Four tablespoons of hemp seeds (42 g), which is enough to use, contains:
240 cal energy
15 g essential fats(11.4 g Omega 6 and 3.6 g Omega 3)
2.7 g mono-unsaturated fat
2.1 g saturated fat
15 g protein
2.5 g fiber
4.5 g carbohydrates
Now since we know how dope hemp is, we can understand how awesome hemp oil is going to be for us, which is one way to use hemp. Hemp oil is cold pressed by pressing down on the seed. The unrefined hemp oil is dark to clear light green in color, with a nutty flavour. The darker the color, the grassier the flavor.
Here are 5 benefits of hemp oil:
1. It's perfect for the skin due to it's perfect balance of Omega 3 and Omega 6, leaving hydrated and vibrant.
2. Hemp seed oil contains ceramides. Ceramides are fats that support cellular membranes. Cellular membranes are the gates that allow things to exit or enter a cell. In hair, fats help prevent excess moisture from leaving the cells. Consuming hemp oil or doing a weekly hemp oil mask locks in moisture and can greatly improve the quality of your hair. This means shiny, healthy locks.
3. Balancing hormones. Hemp is useful in helping the body balance hormones. For women, supplementing with hemp oil can help ease premenstrual syndrome. They may also reduce cramping and pain during menstruation.
4. Crucial for the health of your nervous system and brain.
5. Enhances mood when consumed.
Hemp milk is another great way of using hemp for it's divine benefits, which pretty much serves the body the same way and provides B vitamins which help you convert the food you eat into energy.
A cup of any flavor of hemp milk also supplies one-quarter of the 2.4 micrograms of vitamin B-12 you need each day. Vitamin B-12 helps your body make red blood cells and is something a lot of vegans miss out on and try to get from hybrid and acidic things like tofu and nutritional yeast! Stay away from all soy and yeast.
Check out my recent video on how I make alkaline hemp milk quick and simple! I promise this will be your new thing and you'll thank me later, lol. No need to thank me, thank mother nature.
LOVE AND BLESSINGS, FAM.