How To Make Elderberry Tea (Powerful Alkaline Remedy)
What's going on, Tribe! I'm excited to share this one with you all! I know you all are wondering, "Chantel, how can I make this high energy immune heightening tea so I can start feeling electrified?!" If you follow me on Instagram, you'll see I make a lot of custom elderberry tonics. I also like making them in batches during the cooler months to keep my immunity up.
I drink elderberry tea often for it's ability to calm my nervous system, relieve me of any inflammation I may have, and relieve me of mucus.
If you're not too knowledgable on what elderberry is or what it's benefits are, you can read more about it, here.
This tea has a naturally sweet flavor on its own, but sweeten to taste with a small amount of agave or date syrup (alkaline alternatives to honey or sugar) if you'd like. I like adding herbs like allspice or cardamom for flavor and added benefits, but these aren’t necessary. If you happen to not really care for the flavor, you can even it out with some damiana, strawberry leaf or chamomile.
Alright, let's get to the good stuff:
ALKALINE ELDERBERRY TEA RECIPE
this recipe makes 2 cups
prep cook 20 total
- 16 ounces spring water (here is the water I use)
- 2 TBSP dried elderberries
- ½ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp raw agave (optional)
- Put water, elderberries, allspice and cloves into a small glass pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes. This helps bring out the beneficial properties of the elderberries.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and pour into individual mugs.
- Stir in raw agave if you're using.
For an iced tea, pour into a mason jar and allow to cool, then refrigerate for up to 1 week. Serve over ice if you'd like.
You can order elderberry here.