Simple Delicious Apple Pie Alkaline Pancakes - Dr. Sebi Approved
What's going on, Tribe! I know you all have been waiting on the Upful Alkaline Pancake recipe to arrive and here is the showstopper!
I love using teff, spelt, or chickpea flour to make pancakes. Sometimes I mix them all together, other times I'll just use two or one. Whatever I'm in the mood for. However, when making these pancakes to taste just like apple pie I use Teff flour with a bit of spelt flour. Now Spelt does have gluten in it and another alternative you can use can be the chickpea flour.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do and tag us on Facebook or Instagram @upfulblends with your pics and hashtag #upfulblendspancakes!
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Ready In: 5 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Yield: 4-6 pancakes
- 1 cup Teff Flour
- 1/3 cup Spelt Flour
- 1 tbsp Grape seed Oil
- 2 tsp of Cloves
- 1 tsp of Allspice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 of Irish Sea Moss
- 1 Gala Apple chopped in cubes or slices
- Hemp Milk/Coconut Milk
- Set out all your ingredients.
- Set a stove pan, preferably ceramic or glass, medium heat.
- Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, cloves, allspice, pinch of salt) in a bowl and mix.
- Add the nut milk and 1 tbsp to agave to your mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add your chopped apples (I like doing them in thin slices and chunks)
- Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes' worth of the mixture into the pan.
- Flip [carefully] when you see the edges are looking stiffened.
- Repeat until the batter is gone, and try not to eat them all while you're cooking them. :)
- If they get too cool, add back to the stove and get them a little more toasty. I love when they're crispy.
- Add chopped apples on top of pancakes and sprinkle some date sugar and cloves.
- Drizzle agave on top.