Our bodies have natural detoxification pathways, but with the increased toxic exposure we face in today’s world, those pathways can become overburdened and overwhelmed. Many studies show that healthy bodily detoxification of the pathways are an important component of optimal high energy physical and mental health.
Benefits of this Upful detox drink
- Antioxidants - The root contains antioxidants such as phenolic acids, quercetin and luteolin (all of which are transferred to the tea) that can shield the body against cell-damaging free radicals.
- Blood health - Burdock root has active ingredients that have been found to detoxify heavy metals from the blood, improving organ health and the health of the whole body. It also promotes blood circulation to the skin surface, which improves skin health.
- Hair health - You can serve concerns like hair loss and dandruff, and boost scalp and follicle health, as Burdock Root and Red Clover tea is known to contain helpful phytosterols in burdock root tea, while the burdock root plant contains hair-helping essential oils.
- Upful skin - Diet and environmental toxins undeniably affect skin. By supporting the body in the removal of free radicals, heavy metals and other toxins, you will help to improve the appearance of your skin.
- Immunity - After your detoxification, your body will have better digestive and lymphatic function. Both of these are key to a strong and aligned immune system.
- Heart Health - Burdock root tea has potassium that serves to maintain normal blood pressure levels and serve as a vasodilator, which may lower your risk for atherosclerosis, heart attacks and strokes. This mineral is also important for heart health because it aids in maintaining fluid balance in the body
- Mood - Red clover supports articulating emotions and memories that have been previously locked in the body but are now bubbling up for release. With Red Clover and Burdock Root removing the accumulations interfering with your mental and emotional state of being, you'll allow yourself better sleep, more conscious thought, and high vibration energy.
Burdock and Red Clover Iced Tea
- 4 tbsp of Burdock Root
- 4 tbsp of Red Clover
- 2 1/2 cups of spring water or alkaline water
- Key lime slices or Strawberry slices *optional*
Things you'll need:
- Non metal pot
- Glass mason jar
What to do:
- Bring two and a half cups spring or alkaline water to boil then lower to a simmer on stove.
- Add 1 tbsp of Burdock Root and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- urn off heat and add your Red Clover leaves to the pot. Allow it to steep for 15 minutes keeping lid on pot.
- Take off lid and allow to cool down before adding it to a mason jar.
- Add agave to taste.
- Add sliced key lime and/or strawberries.