MM MM MM!!! I get so excited when I hear the word brownies. I get even more excited when I hear the words VEGAN BROWNIES because that means I can eat it! 😃 When I make brownies I ensure to use raw Cacao to give that boost of antioxidants that support in brain health, and boosting energy. Rich and decadent, without being overly sweet, these classic homemade vegan brownies are completely vegan, delicious! Easy to make, you can whip up a batch in about 45 minutes.
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao
- 3/4 cup Spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons oat flour (certified gluten-free as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground All spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup cooked honeynut squash*, mashed well into a puree
- 1/2 cup smooth tahini, at room temperature**
- 1/4 cup pure agave
- 1/2 cup Date sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 ounces Cacao, roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- In a medium bowl, add in the Cacao, Spelt flour, oat flour, and allspice.
- Pour 6 tablespoons of the liquid from a can of chickpeas into a small bowl. With an electric mixer, beat the aquafaba on medium speed until it starts to get foamy, 60-90 seconds.
- In a large bowl, beat together the honeynut squash puree, tahini, Agave, and Date sugar until combined. Add in the aquafaba and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Combine both mixtures together, and stir to combine.
- Add in the 1/2 cup Vegan Chocolate chunks.
- Add the batter to the prepared baking pan and spread out, smoothing with a spatula. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean and the edges begin to pull slightly away from the pan.Cool the brownies for about 20 mins.
How to make the Chocolate Frosting:
- Create a double boiler on the stove. Once the water is simmering, add the chopped chocolate and coconut oil
- Stir until the chocolate is smooth and melted. Off the heat, stir in the coconut cream and a pinch of sea salt and whisk until well combined.
- Spread the ganache over the brownies and top with the 2 tablespoons
- Top with your favorite toppings if desire!
This recipe does not contain any real flour, so they are verryyy fragile. If you would like a more firm brownie then put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
You can use honeynut squash canned pumpkin puree, cooked & mashed butternut squash, or cooked & mashed sweet potato. Pumpkin and butternut squash are not as sweet as honeynut squash, so if you would like for your brownies to be filled with the sweetness you can add more Date sugar!