Okay Tribe! Now this recipe is so delicious, RAW, and did I mention it has only 4 ingredients? One of the recipes being Camu Camu! True bliss resides in THIS ice cream. Let's get right into how I created this simple delicious raw ice cream.
- 4 Frozen ripe burro bananas
- 3 tsp Camu Camu powder
- Raw Cacao nibs or 1 tsp of Cacao Powder
- 1-2 tsp of Organic Vanilla
- Coconut shavings *optional
- Round up the crew! Ensure the banana is ripe, as we want it to be sweet and soft.
- Peel & Chop! Peel the banana and chop into somewhat small pieces. It doesn't truly matter what shape or size the pieces are in, as long as they're not huge.
- Freeze and Forget - well don't forget too long, haha. Place in a freezer-safe glass bowl or freezer bag and put it into your freezer for about 3 hours or overnight until frozen.
- Time to pulse it up! Transfer the frozen banana into a small food processor or high-speed blender. A small food processor or chopper works best. Pulse to break up.
- Pulse & Blend. Continue to pulse and scrape down the banana as you go until it gets gooey. As you reach the last pieces of banana it will turn from gooey to creamy. This is when you want to add the Camu Camu Powder, Vanilla, Cacao, and any other add ins.
- We're almost there! You can eat it as is, but its going to be soft. So, freeze it for an hour or so and you'll have yourself a creamy better-than-dairy ice cream!