This is your traditional Grandma Apple pie recipe with an alkaline twist! Trust me when I say there will be NO CRUMBS!
3 lbs Gala Apples
1/2 cup agave
1/2 cup Date sugar
1 teaspoon Sea salt
1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
2 Tsp. Allspice
2 1/2 cups Spelt flour
1/2 cup spring water
3 Key limes
1/2 tbsp Grapeseed oil
Pre heat oven to 425 Degrees
- Peel and cut apples into thin slices.
- Add apples, date sugar, agave, cloves, allspice, and 1 tsp. sea salt to a large pan.
- Mix together ingredients and simmer on medium-low for 15-20 minutes.
For the dough:
- Add spelt flour and 1 tsp. sea salt to food processor or blender and blend for 10 seconds.
- Slowly add grapeseed oil while mixing, then slowly add spring water until formed into a ball.
- Cut dough in half and roll out until it’s thin, then place dough into pie pan and removing any excess dough that is left.
- Taste test the apple mixture and add more ingredients if needed then add to pie pan.
- Roll out other half of dough and cut into 1 inch strips with a knife.
- Lay strips across pie horizontally, then lay them vertically.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- Enjoy this Upful Apple Pie